When we think about hiring a landscaper, we’re usually looking to create an environment that’s beautiful and user-friendly. We want design and execution that fit in with our budget, our sense of style, and our long and short-term goals. Here are a few questions that can help you find the landscaper that’s right for you.
What Landscape Style Best Fits Our Home?
Most clients have ideas about a look or layout they want. A professional landscaper will provide suggestions based on the style of your home and the layout of your yard. Ask about which style a prospective landscaper recommends to bring out the best in your property. Would a formal geometric look work best? How about a fun and joyful but well-tended cottage style or a sleek contemporary approach?
How Can We Include Ease of Maintenance In Our Plan?
When hiring a landscaper, you want a team that can plan for efficient maintenance. Here are just a few examples of factors to consider:
- How can we combine stylish flower beds and hardscaping with a zero-turn-friendly lawn?
- Will hardscaping be easy to clean and maintain?
- Should we plan for sand between pavers or bricks?
- What trees and shrubs offer great aesthetics with low maintenance?
How Can We Combine Safety and Aesthetics With Lighting?
Outdoor lighting is one of our favorite and most popular landscaping features. It looks gorgeous and illuminates the best features of your home and property. But it also offers safety benefits, making stairs and walkways safer and deterring trespassers and intruders. Some of the elements to consider include:
- Path lights along walkways and hardscaping for safety and curb appeal
- Stair lights to make steps safer and more elegant
- Well lights: small round lights placed in the ground to provide gentle, stylish illumination
- Wall lights to spotlight your home and hardscaping’s best features
- Uplights shining from ground level to illuminate trees and other favorite landscape elements
How Can We Blend Planting and Hardscaping?
Today’s hardscaping goes way beyond the old-school square patio of our childhoods. You want a landscaper who can incorporate gorgeous plant features with stylish hardscaping. Some of the considerations include:
- What plants look best near patios and pergolas?
- Which hardy plants will thrive near walkways?
- Which plants do best near a pool?
- How can we create a natural but well-maintained look around hardscaping elements
How Can We Phase In Our Project for Aesthetics and Value?
Your landscaper should be ready to plan big while breaking down your project into phases that will work with your budget. Working in stages makes sense, and some elements naturally go hand-in-hand. A savvy landscaper will have the know-how to help you break your big dreams into smaller chunks with a well-thought plan. Let’s work together to see how we can achieve your short and long-term goals and make things work within your budget. We’ll piggyback on this question with one additional item any landscaper should be able to address:
What Features Will Add the Most to My Home’s Resale Value?
Is resale value a priority? Your landscaper should be ready to give you suggestions for elements that will boost curb appeal and add value to your home. From right-sized trees to landscape lighting, there are projects large and small that can make a big difference. Here’s a hint: a landscaped patio is always a winner, but there’s so much more we can do.
Hiring a Landscaper: The Right Questions Matter
At Epling Landscape and Lawn Service, we love answering questions. Excellent questions mean a client has done their homework and is ready to move forward collaboratively. These suggested questions are a perfect starting point to get the conversation rolling, and we certainly welcome others. We have the skill and experience to achieve the best results in both function and aesthetics. And just as important, we value your input. Reach out today and ask away.