Epling Landscaping and Lawn Service, Inc. is proud to be a supporter of Boulder Crest Retreat for Wounded Warriors (www.bouldercrestretreat.org). This rural sanctuary was established to provide free respite, activities and programs for our nation’s seriously injured military members and their families to help them recover and reconnect during their rehabilitation.
Opened in Sept. 2013, the 37-acre retreat in Bluemont, VA provides free private accommodations, as well as recreational and healing activities and resources for up to 500 families each year. The ADA-accessible amenities and services include:
- Four cabins that can accommodate up to six people available for two to 14 day stays.
- A lodge where guests can gather to connect with other families and participate in programs.
- Extensive outdoor amenities that include an archery range, nature trails, playground, organic garden, bird sanctuary and fishing pond.
- Recreational activities and programs that include nature walks, fishing, archery, gardening, swimming and kayaking in the Shenandoah River, hiking the Appalachian Trail, golf and tennis.
- Healing activities including yoga, meditation, massage therapy, journaling, art and music therapy, and canine and equine assistance therapy.
Boulder Crest Retreat was founded on the premise that there is no greater duty as an American than to provide for those men and women who have given everything but their lives to serve and protect us. They went so we would not have to, and their service has allowed us to maintain our freedom and continue to live the peaceful lives we know today.
Our wounded service members deserve a place where they can spend time with their families to relax and reconnect with each other while going through the long journey of recovery and rehabilitation.
Photo credit: Steve Whysall at www.whysallphotography.com